At the very start of the game, choosing the right professions is important to make the maximum amount of gold possible. When it comes to selecting these professions, going with gathering professions are the easiest. Gold flows in when you're tossing herbs and ore into the auction house, and all of it can be gathered while leveling. Not only will these professions make you tons of gold at the lower levels, but they will prove to be useful and lucrative from level 8 to level 80. Make sure to get the add-on called "Gatherer" before you start, it will help you track any herbs and ore you've already discovered so it's easier to find later.
Horde Mining Guide:
Horde Mining Trainer Locations:
- Silvermoon City - Belil
- Thunder Bluff - Brek Stonehoof
- The Undercity - Brom Killian
- Silverpine Forest - Johan Facht
- Durotar - Krunn
- Orgrimmar - Makaru
- Tanaris - Pikkle
- Hellfire Peninsula - Krugosh
Where To Find Ore:
- Copper Ore - The Barrens has more than enough. Just do circuits.
- Tin Ore - Southern Barrens will have some, but Stonetalon Mountains and Thousand Needles are your best bets for mass gathering.
- Iron Ore And Gold Ore - Check out Alterac Mountains, but if that doesn't do it for you, check out Ashenvale, Desolace, Strangethorn Vale, Arathi Highlands, and The Badlands.
- Mithril Ore and Truesilver Ore - Start in Thousand Needles in the Highperch area, then go to the Badlands, specifically the Lethlor Ravine.
- Thorium Ore And Dark Iron - Burning Steppes and Searing Gorge have you covered.
Horde Herbalism Guide:
Horde Herbalism Trainer Locations:
- Stranglethorn Vale - Angrun and Flora Silverwind
- Hillsbrad Foothills - Aranae Venomblood
- Silvermoon City - Botanist Nathera
- Eversong Woods - Botanist Tynarriel
- Tirisfal Glades - Faruza
- Orgrimmar - Jandi
- Thunderbluff - Komin Winterhoof
- Moonglade - Malvor
- Undercity - Martha Alliestar
- Durotar - Mishiki
- Feralas - Ruw
Where To Find Herbs:
- Peacebloom and Silverleaf and Earthroot - Durotar, Mulgore, and Tirisfal Glades all carry these in abundance. You can also check Westfall if you're daring, and Barrens if you're nearby.
- Mageroyal - Also found in Westfall and Barrens.
- Bruiseweed - Check out Redridge Mountains and Stonetalon for this herb.
- Wild Steelbloom and Kingsblood - The northern area of Stonetalon has these.
- Fadeleaf - Hinterlands, Alterac MOuntains, Badlands, and Arathi Highlands.
- You should also check out the Swamp Of Sorrows for Khadgar's Whiskers, and Feralas for Sungrass. These are the best places for those herbs.
So there you have it, you should have hundreds of gold in no time!